Monday, April 2, 2018

A Japanese scene for a friend...


Hey all!

Well, it's been a WHILE since I posted anything new... since Cold Wars, in fact!

But I HAVE been doing some work in between doing invoicing and such, so I thought I would share.

This is the first thing... a little scene of a figure for my old college roommate.


When we were in college, my roommate and I messed around doing a little comic book together.  The main good guy was "Wok Man", this wandering peasant-monk.  Rather than have the traditional straw hat, he actually wore this big wok as his hat, and the screw-in handle was his staff.  So, I thought I would create that!


This is based on a figure from the Bandits and Brigands pack from Test of Honor.  I had to make the wok and add it, chop out the current staff, get rid of the sword, extend out the robes a bit, and add the bag and rice balls over his back.


The basing in particular was something I really cared about... I tired to make it all lush and jungle looking, with some tall bamboo to give it some height.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!  Just waiting on the plaque for the front, and I'll send it out to him!

Anyway... more stuff on the way:)

No comments: